What Is Personal Information?
Personal data is information that whether alone, or combined, allows you to be identified directly, or indirectly. Common personal data identifiers are attributes like your name, online identifier, or ID number. However, a combination of one or more elements specific to your physical, physiological, genetic, psychological, economic, cultural, or social identity will also be classed as your personal data/personal information, given their potential to identify you when combined.
Some personal data types are considered more sensitive than others and the definition of sensitive data varies by local law. Across several major privacy laws, sensitive data examples include health and financial data, ethnic and racial origins, political opinions, genetic and biometric data, an individual’s sex life or sexual orientation, religious/philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, precise geolocation and/or government identifiers.
Personal Information We Collect
Depending on systems, platforms used and programs you interact with, we will process some or all of the following information:
Ø First and last name
Ø Preferred name
Ø Platform password
Ø Email address
Ø Alternative email address
Ø Contact phone number
Ø Street address
Ø City/nearest city of residence
Ø Your career transition objectives, for example industries of interest, areas you require support e.g. resume guidance
Ø Cookie data collected via cookies essential for the operation of the platform, consistent with our Cookie Notice
Ø Cookie data collected via any non-strictly necessary cookies you explicitly consent to via the cookie banner on the platform, consistent with our Cookie Notice
Ø Your interaction with the site, including usage of the career management tools
Ø Name of your employer/former employer organization
Ø Learning and Development courses taken, scheduled or interacted with
Ø Your assessment results
Ø User IP address and your Service Provider IP address
Ø CV/Resume data, which may include contact details, social media URL, employment history, education history, professional memberships qualifications, knowledge, skills, abilities, languages, licenses held, depending on the information in your CV/Resume
Ø Recording of any interview practice you decide to record which will not be used for any purpose other than supporting you with interview techniques.
How We Use The Information We Collect
We do not, and will not, sell your personal data. We will never use the information you provide us for cross-contextual advertising. We will use the personal data you provide us with to deliver, evaluate and, where necessary, enhance the services you are eligible for, as permitted under the privacy laws applicable to you.
All processing will be carried out based on adequate legal grounds, including:
- Consent from you i.e., when you tick a box to give permission based on your understanding of the nature of the processing.
- Legitimate business purpose, for example, to enhance, modify, personalize, or otherwise improve our services.
When we use personal data, we ensure it is minimized to what is necessary to achieve the intended result. As you use Company some services, we will use some or all of your data, or a portion of your data to:
- Create and manage accounts where you can edit your profile and adjust the optional information you have disclosed with us at any time.
- Provide you with access to the relevant Career Management or Career Transition tools, based on your programme eligibility.
- Enable you to create, enhance, update or modify your CV/Resume.
- Assist you in your job search and present you with potential job matches, by means of artificial intelligence technology.
- Allow you to gain interview practice and provide you with feedback on your interview techniques, should you choose to disclose your practice recording with your career consultant.
- Support you in your personal development by providing access to personality/ behavioural/ career management assessments. If you have been assigned a career consultant, you can choose whether you disclose the results of your assessment with your consultant who may help you determine potential career or development opportunities.
- Contact you with helpful platform notifications and reminders, to the extent you agree to receive such notifications via the communication settings made available to you in your profile.
- Respond to your enquiries and requests for assistance.
- Provide you with upskilling and reskilling learning and development content, by means of artificial intelligence technology.
We will also process your personal data for other legitimate business purposes which may include:
- Performing data analytics, such as analysing platform usage across our users, determining the effectiveness of our engagement strategy, determining the effectiveness of our products and services.
- Operating, evaluating, and improving our business (including developing, enhancing, analysing, and improving our services)
- Enhancing, modify, personalising, or otherwise improving our services for the benefit of our customers.
- Auditing our interactions, transitions, accounting, and other internal compliance functions.
- Protecting against, identifying, and seeking to prevent fraud, deceptive practices, and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities.
- Complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, exercise or defence of legal claims, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations, and our policies.
- To enhance security of our network and information systems
- Creating aggregated data (client reporting etc)
Whenever we process data for our business purposes, we will ensure that we keep your rights in high regard and take account of these rights. You have the right to object to such processing; please see the section How to Exercise Your Privacy Rights for information on how to do this.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) / Machine Learning (ML)
Some Job Search functionality provided on Company platforms apply AI and ML technology to identify, extract and structure information coming from the text of the CV/resume you upload and use to create your job search profile. A limited set of CVs/Resumes are used to train and evaluate the AI parsing algorithms annually, to ensure a service offering that is accurate and free from bias.
The search and match component uses the structured data from the job profile you have created to perform queries, create search queries, and rank results. The search and match component is not AI powered and is not trained on user behavior or other signals for machine ‘self-learning’. The search and match component is a transparent normalized search engine that does not learn from user interactions or other user data. The only ML algorithms used in the search and match offering are for the purpose of effective parsing and making the search facility more robust and relevant for users.
No automated decisions are made via Job Search functions that produce any legal or similarly significant effects on you. The job search functions are just one of the numerous ways you can approach the job market to search for opportunities.
How We Protect Personal Data
We maintain technical and organisational measures designed to protect the personal data we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. Such measures are designed to provide a reasonable and appropriate level of security taking account, on one hand, the technical state of the art and, on the other hand, the sensitivity of the personal data and the evaluation of potential risks.
To provide reasonable and appropriate security and confidentiality of personal data, we apply to the following non-exhaustive list of measures:
- Encryption of data at rest and in transit using industry standard encryption algorithms with appropriate key lengths.
- Strong user authentication and role-based access controls.
- Network monitoring solutions with events logging.
- Hardened network infrastructure.
- Measures for ensuring physical security of locations at which personal data are processed.
- Business continuity and disaster recovery plans with periodic testing.
- Incident management policy and processes.
- Periodic vulnerability and penetration testing.
- Certification/assurance of processes and products.
- Periodic employee privacy and security training and awareness program.
- Third party privacy and security assessments.
- Robust data processing and confidentiality agreements.
- Organizational measures for ensuring data minimization, purpose limitation, retention, data quality and accountability.
How We May Disclose Your Personal Information
We do not disclose personal data that we collect about you, except as described in this privacy notice or in separate notices provided in connection with particular activities. We will not “share” (i.e., disclose to a third party for cross-context behavioural advertising) your personal information.
We may disclose a portion of your personal data with vendors who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions to make the services available to you. We strive to minimize this disclosure to what is necessary to perform the specific services instructed. We conduct vendor due diligence to assess their privacy and security measures for protecting your data. We also enter data processing agreements with vendors, with appropriate requirements stipulating the technical and organizational measure we require them to comply with when handling your personal data.
We also may disclose a portion of your personal data to our subsidiaries and affiliated ManpowerGroup companies for administrative, legal or compliance purposes; where this is the case, we will ensure that there are appropriate safeguards for the protection of your data.
In addition, we may disclose personal data about you on the following basis:
- If we are required to do so by law or legal process.
- To law enforcement authorities or other government officials based on a lawful disclosure request.
- When we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity; and,
- We also reserve the right to transfer personal data we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution, or liquidation).
Links To External Tools and Resources
Whose Personal Information Is Covered By This Policy?
- California residents who are employees or other agents of a business engaged in a transaction with Company in their capacities as employees or agents of that business.